What's happening at PBS!
Posted on September 28th, 2017
September 27, 2017
Dear Parents and Guardians,
RE: Students riding Whitecourt school buses
Student transportation services in the community of Whitecourt have been significantly impacted by the
re-location of the new St Joseph School. Transporting students to all six schools within the 30 (thirty) minute allotment each morning from 8:30 am – 9:00 am has proved difficult. Some buses are consistently arriving late at schools and others are arriving just in time at schools.
To remedy these transportation concerns, effective Monday morning, October 2, 2017, the morning drop off window will be increased by five minutes. Buses will now start dropping off students at their first school at 8:25 am and will continue dropping off students until 9:00 am. Classes begin at all schools at 9:05 am.
- Before-school (morning) Adjustments:
- Buses will be re-routed, rotating clockwise, as they drop off/ pick up students at the four valley schools. This will minimize congestion on the roads.
- After-school (afternoon) Adjustments:
- Buses will be re-routed, rotating clockwise, as they pick-up/drop off students at the four valley schools. This will minimize congestion on the roads.
- All buses will be re-routed to Pat Hardy Primary first before picking up students at Hilltop Jr/Sr High School..
Some student riders can expect a five minute earlier pick-up time in the morning; others will see no change to their pick-up times.
The expectation is that all bus drivers will share their new pick up times with parents if their times are changing.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
We are confident that these adjustments will prove beneficial for our students and school staff.
Rhett Czaban, Director of Transportation
Northern Gateway Public Schools
Toll-Free: 1-888-785-3396 or Direct: 780-778-2800