What's happening at PBS!
It's Education Week!
Posted on April 29th, 2019
Alberta celebrates Education Week!
The first Alberta School Week (Education Week) was held December 2–8, 1928. Its purpose then, as it is now, is to call attention to the importance of education and to share the many good things happening in Alberta schools.
We use Education Week as an opportunity to advocate for public education and to :
- illustrate the important role that schools play in communities;
- assure stakeholders that public funds are being put to good use;
- invite the public into classrooms for first-hand experiences;
- highlight the partnership between teachers, parents and students;
- demonstrate the important leadership role that the teaching profession plays in student learning;
- and celebrate the contribution that all staff and volunteers make in the school.
EDUCATION WEEK - APRIL 29 - MAY 3!
Every three years, the Alberta Teachers' Association, in collaboration with Alberta Education, chooses a theme for the week. The theme from 2017-2019 is “Learning is a Journey,” and intends to profile the role that education plays in all of our lives in shaping the province’s future. It’s a great time to celebrate public education, the work of teachers and an inspired future that includes:
- optimal learning conditions for every child;
- creative and innovative learning programs;
- students who enjoy learning and who achieve their learning goals;
- parents and communities that are involved and supportive of learning;
- school leaders who are also teachers;
- a well-thought out curriculum delivered by well-prepared professionals; and,
- opportunities for teachers to continue developing their skills as professionals