The PBS Renaissance Program is a school-wide program which promotes a positive school culture, and involves an on-going recognition of academic and behavioral excellence.
Renaissance is comprised of both formal aspects (such as term-end celebrations, agenda runs, and complementary course/options programs) and informal events (such as random recognition, “spot” checks, and school spirit activities).
- Celebrate student achievement
- Celebrate student improvement
- Recognize positive behaviors
- Increase student attendance rates
- Reduce student discipline infractions
- Promote positive relationships with the community
- Increase school and family communications
- Promote school spirit and school pride
- Boost student and staff morale
Percy Baxter Middle School is proud of the tradition of Renaissance recognition of students in the town of Whitecourt.